Analyzing China’s Health System – Cost, Quality, and Access to Care
I chose China as the country to analyze and here are the countries we studied in this course.
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Russian Federation
- Final Paper
Choose a country not covered in this course and analyze its health system in terms of cost, quality, and access to care. Discuss how the country you chose is different from the United States. Politics, culture, wealth, history and environmental factors influence the development and distribution of health services. Your analysis should speak to the following elements:
- Impact on vulnerable population (elderly, children, mental ill, etc)
- Women’s health and maternal child health
- Disease management of communicable and non-communicable diseases
- The theory and practice of health promotion
- Behavioral and lifestyle factors that affect health and illness
Include appropriate comparison and contrasts with the health systems of countries that were covered in this course.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be 2000 to 2500 words in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least 5-7 scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined
- The paper needs to have page numbers and a running head and headers.
Reference text book from this course
Lovett-Scott, M., & Prather, F. (2014). Global health systems: Comparing strategies for delivering health services. Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.