Assignment: Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Part 4: Research Analysis
Week 4 | Part 4: Research Analysis
I have identified one topic of interest for further study. I have researched and identified one peer-reviewed research article focused on this topic and have analyzed this article. The results of these efforts are shared below.
Directions: Complete Step 1 by using the table and subsequent space below identify and analyze the research article you have selected. Complete Step 2 by summarizing in 2-3 paragraphs the results of your analysis using the space identified.
Wound care remains an important means of ensuring that physical injury does not result in medical problems arising from the infection of such wounds. The science of wound care is well defined; however, there are still possible niches in wound care that continue to benefit from the continuous exchange of information that characterizes scholarship. Lynn Welsh (year), for instance, reviews recent evidence, education, and knowledge of wound care among nurses. The semi-systematic literature review sought to acquire an ethnographic understanding of how nurses are using evidence-based practice methods in wound care (Chapman, 2009). The emerging understanding is that evidence-based nursing practice consistently pursues optimal outcomes in wound care compared to ritualistic practice, even when the latter emerges from a structured educational background at both pre- and post-registration levels Assignment: Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Part 4: Research Analysis.
Step 1: Research Analysis
Complete the table below
|Topic of Interest:||Wound Care
|Research Article: Include full citation in APA format, as well as link or search details (such as DOI)||Dreifke, M., Jayasuriya, A., & Jayasuriya, A. (2015). Current wound healing procedures and potential care. Materials Science And Engineering: C, 48, 651-662. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msec.2014.12.068|
|Professional Practice Use:
One or more professional practice uses of the theories/concepts presented in the article
|The article has exploited the aim of the health care concept to the core. Fundamentally, the aim of health care revolves around the need to help all persons to various objectives such as the deterrence of untimely death and incapacity, personal growth and development, and the maintenance and enhancement of quality life. The article has sought to enlighten its readers on the contemporary healing procedures and possible care that they can embrace whenever they are hurt. This way, they will not lose any blood that might make them die prematurely. The healing procedures will also enable the article’s readers to avoid contracting new infections on the wounds that they will be having.|
|Research Analysis Matrix
Add more rows if necessary
|Strengths of the Research||Limitations of the Research||Relevancy to Topic of Interest||Notes|
|The research has provided a comprehensive outlook of the article. Thanks to the research, the readers will be able to understand what will be expected of them if they have wounds. For instance, I have known that the modern-day standard of care for enduring injuries includes swabbing for infection, washing, and dressing the wound. As a result, if I get a wound, I will easily treat it.
|The research article has made a minimal effort to depict the disadvantages of the failure to follow the current day wound healing procedures, and potential care is concerned Assignment: Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Part 4: Research Analysis. I find it to be of no essence for the author to emphasize making the readers of the article know what is expected of them when they are wounded without informing them of the adverse impacts that are likely to be upon them if they fail to do as outlined.||The research that is provided in the article is highly relevant to the topic of interest, ‘wound care.’ Once individuals have fully ready and internalized the information in the scholarly article, they will be in the position to care for the wounds that might either befall them or their friends. Thus, the research is relevant to the topic of interest.
|Wound care is quite significant.
The benefits of the practice are so many; hence, all persons need to be aware of its set-down procedure.
one-paragraph justification explaining whether or not you would recommend the use of this article to inform professional practice Assignment: Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Part 4: Research Analysis.
Step 2: Summary of Analysis
Craft a summary (2-3 paragraph) below that includes the following:
- Describe your approach to identifying and analyzing peer-reviewed research
- Identify at least two strategies that you would use that you found to be effective in finding peer-reviewed research
- Identify at least one resource you intend to use in the future to find peer-reviewed research
I experienced no difficulties while searching for the article because it is in an electronically available and indexed repository. The benefit of having open-source articles from peer-reviewed journals is that it improves the quality of information that is available to the public on a subject. The database is useful to nursing colleagues of all demographics. Subscription-based repositories are restrictive in the sense that professionals in impoverished surroundings are not able to access such information. The result is the unfortunate reliance on habits or outdated practice that does not acknowledge the annotation of current evidence about wound care in patients.
The article shows that wound care practice could benefit from increased knowledge-sharing among nurses (Smith-Strøm et al., 2016). Therefore, the issue of continuous professional development for nurses in this context should not only exist for the purposes of certification, but also for benevolence in patient care Assignment: Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Part 4: Research Analysis.
Assignment: Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Part 4: Research Analysis
Architect Daniel Libeskind is credited with saying “To provide meaningful architecture is not to parody history, but to articulate it.” The suggestion is that his work does not copy the efforts of others but relies on it.
Understanding the work of others is critically important to new work. Contributions to the nursing body of knowledge can happen when you are able to analyze and articulate the efforts of previous research. Research analysis skills are therefore critical tools for your toolbox.
In this Assignment, you will locate relevant existing research. You also will analyze this research using a tool helpful for analysis.
- Reflect on the strategies presented in the Resources this Module’s Learning Resources in support of locating and analyzing research.
- Use the Walden Library to identify and read one peer-reviewed research article focused on a topic in your specialty field that interests you.
- Review the article you selected and reflect on the professional practice use of theories/concepts described by the article.
Using the “Module 4 | Part 4” section of your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Template presented in the Resources, conduct an analysis of the elements of the research article you identified. Be sure to include the following:
- Your topic of interest.
- A correctly formatted APA citation of the article you selected, along with link or search details.
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts presented in the article.
- Analysis of the article using the “Research Analysis Matrix” section of the template
- Write a 1-paragraph justification stating whether you would recommend this article to inform professional practice.
- Write a 2- to 3-paragraph summary that you will add to your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan that includes the following:
- Describe your approach to identifying and analyzing peer-reviewed research.
- Identify at least two strategies that you would use that you found to be effective in finding peer-reviewed research.
- Identify at least one resource you intend to use in the future to find peer-reviewed research.
Note: Add your work for this Assignment to the original document you began in the Module 1 Assignment, which was built from the Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Template.
By Day 7 of Week 7
Submit your analysis, including your completed section of the Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Template sections and your matrix and summary Assignment: Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Part 4: Research Analysis.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK7Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Week 7 Assignment Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 7 Assignment link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “Wk7Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission Assignment: Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Part 4: Research Analysis.