Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Essay
The U.S. created Medicaid, a publically funded healthcare program, to assist people in obtaining healthcare services. Explore Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
Answer the following questions:
- Explain the legislation that introduced Medicaid. Your explanation should include a description of the funding sources for the program.
- Describe some of the changes, including CHIP, that have occurred to the Medicaid program since its inception.
- Explain the demographics of the majority of people covered by Medicaid and identify how many people in the U.S. are covered by Medicaid.
- Describe the changes that will occur in Medicaid with the ACA.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid. (2015). CMS program history. Retrieved
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid. (2015). Affordable Care Act. Retrieved
Cite sources and provide references for the citations in APA format.
- Your assignment should be addressed in a 2- to 3-page document.