- There are ______________ (fill in a number) levels of evaluation/management visits.
- If a patient is dismissed from a practice, it is important that certain rules are followed. A patient should be sent a dismissal letter by First Class mail with return receipt requested. What elements need to be included in the letter?
|The last day the practitioner will be available to render medical care, which should be at least 30 days; indication that med refills will be provided during this period; alternative sources of medical care; how to obtain medical records|
|The last day the practitioner will be available to render medical care, which can be immediately; referral information to another provider, and how to obtain medical records NRNP 6568 Week 2 Knowledge Check|
Notice of immediate discharge from the practitioners care, prescriptions for 30 days of their medications, and how to obtain medical records
|The last day the practitioner will be available to render medical care, which should be at least 60 days; indication that med refills will not be provided during this period; referral to new provider; how to obtain medical records|
- AMA stands for against medical advice.
- The review of systems (ROS) is documented in the Physical Exam section of the visit.
- Federal law supports NPs full hospital privileges without physician supervision.
- A provider may be terribly negligent, but if there is no injury, there is no malpractice. True or False?
- Name four of the seven vital signs that can be included when documenting the constitutional part of the general multisystem examination
|Sitting or standing BP, supine BP, pulse rate and regularity, respiration, temperature, height, weight|
|Sitting, lounging, lifting, and moving|
|Heart rate, walking straight line, squatting, and arm raise|
|Blood pressure, pulse, oxygen saturation, BMI|
- If an NP is sued, it is important that the NP not call the insurance company immediately so as to prevent the rates from increasing. True or false?
- What is the name of the organization that collects information disclosed by state boards against NP licensure and certification? NRNP 6568 Week 2 Knowledge Check
|American Association of Nurse Practitioners|
|National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty|
|Federal Medical Care Database|
|National Practitioner Data Bank|
- What is reported to the National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB)?
|Malpractice insurer who pays any amount to a plaintiff on behalf of an NP in a malpractice case|
|State licensing boards report adverse licensure actions|
|Professional societies are required to report adverse professional society membership actions|
|All of the above|
Click Save and Submit to save and submit. Click Save All Answers to save all answers.