Compare vulnerable populations. Describe an example of one of these groups in the United States or from another country. Explain why the population is designated as “vulnerable.” Include the number of individuals belonging to this group and the specific challenges or issues involved. Discuss why these populations are unable to advocate for themselves, the ethical issues that must be considered when working with these groups, and how nursing advocacy would be beneficial. NRS 428VN Community Teaching Plan: Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal
Benchmark – Community Teaching Plan: Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal
The benchmark assesses the following competency:
4.2 Communicate therapeutically with patients.
The RN to BSN program at Grand Canyon University meets the requirements for clinical competencies as defined by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), using nontraditional experiences for practicing nurses. These experiences come in the form of direct and indirect care experiences in which licensed nursing students engage in learning within the context of their hospital organization, specific care discipline, and local communities. NRS 428VN Community Teaching Plan: Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal
Note: The teaching plan proposal developed in this NRS 428VN Community Teaching Plan: Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal assignment will be used to develop your Community Teaching Plan: Community Presentation due in Topic 5. You are strongly encouraged to begin working on your presentation once you have received and submitted this proposal.
Select one of the following as the focus for the teaching plan:
- Primary Prevention/Health Promotion
- Secondary Prevention/Screenings for a Vulnerable Population
- Environmental Issues
Use the “Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal” resource to complete this assignment. This will help you organize your plan and create an outline for the written assignment.
- After completing the teaching proposal, review the teaching plan proposal with a community health and public health provider in your local community.
- Request feedback (strengths and opportunities for improvement) from the provider.
- Complete the “Community Teaching Experience” form with the provider. You will submit this form in Topic 5.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion. NRS 428VN Community Teaching Plan: Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Topic 3 DQ 2
How does the community health nurse recognize bias, stereotypes, and implicit bias within the community? How should the nurse address these concepts to ensure health promotion activities are culturally competent? Propose strategies that you can employ to reduce cultural dissonance and bias to deliver culturally competent care. Include an evidence-based article that address the cultural issue. Cite and reference the article in APA format.
Topic 4: Policy and Environmental Issues
- Apply screening and referral principles to nursing care of populations.
- Examine the role of public health in addressing environmental issues.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the U.S. health care system. NRS 428VN Community Teaching Plan: Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal
- Examine how policy in the U.S. health care delivery system affects specific populations.
- Examine the effects of health care reform on the U.S. health care system and its stakeholders.
Use the as directed in the Community Assessment and Analysis Presentation.
Complete and submit the “Provider Interview Acknowledgement Form” prior to conducting your interview for the Community Assessment and Analysis Presentation assignment.
NRS 428VN Community Teaching Plan: Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal