NRS-429 Family-Centered Health Promotion Essays
Family Health Assessment Part I
Understanding family structure and style is essential to patient and family care. Conducting a family interview and needs assessment gathers information to identify strengths, as well as potential barriers to health. This information ultimately helps develop family-centered strategies for support and guidance.
Health care for an individual is significant in determining how he or she maintains their overall personality. Assessment through correct parameters ensures proper evaluation and then subsequent solutions based on the same. Healthy family results in a healthy society, therefore the main objective of this assessment is to establish the health patterns of a family based in Melbourne, Australia.
- Describe the family structure. Include individuals and any relevant attributes defining the family composition, race/ethnicity, social class, spirituality, and environment.
For a family of 7 people including the parents of 40-45 years, the grandparents of 70-75 years and three children of 10, 13, and 17 years respectively. The family is a Caucasian one who follows Christianity and lives in their family-owned home in Kensington, Victoria the business district of Melbourne, Australia. The father is an accountant in a business organization and the mother teaches as a senior teacher in a school nearby. The children go to the same school and the grandparents are regular members of the community church and do voluntary and paid work for them from time to time. NRS-429 Family-Centered Health Promotion Essays. The family regularly visits their neighbours and has weekend hangouts with their friends (Lindblom, et.al 2017). The functional assessment of the health of few school children and adults has given the result that most of them face chronic pain while being differently-abled in either hand, feet or in other body parts (Kohls, Walker et. al, 2016).
DONT MISS YOUR CHANCE TO EXCEL IN NRS-429VN FAMILY-CENTERED HEALTH PROMOTION ASSIGNMENT! HIRE TUTOR OF ONLINENURSINGPAPERS.COM FOR PERFECTLY WRITTEN NRS-429VN FAMILY-CENTERED HEALTH PROMOTION ASSIGNMENT SOLUTIONS!
- Summarize the overall health behaviors of the family. Describe the current health of the family.
Overall health behavior of the family
As assessed from the interview questionnaire, and the responses, it could be observed that it is the mother who takes care of the health of all the family members. According to her, the children regularly have salads and homemade soup, and they are not allowed to have fast food. The grandparents go to a laughing club every weekend, but nowadays they are not going for the same. The father goes to work in the government labour department, and does not get much time for exercise. The mother teaches in a neighbourhood school, gets home by 5pm, and watches soap operas in television, while the father reads newspapers. NRS-429 Family-Centered Health Promotion Essays.
- Describe at least two of the functional health pattern strengths noted in the findings. Discuss three areas in which health problems or barriers to health were identified.
Functional health strengths and health problems
The two major functional health strengths of the family assessed here are regularly going for evening walks and regular intake of water, green vegetable, and fruits. The three major problem areas in health regarding this family are stress and anxiety situations have known to increase blood pressure and blood sugar levels suddenly. Children lead mostly an inactive lifestyle with most playing with video games and rarely taking part in any outdoor activity, therefore, they face pain in feet and hands due to the same reason (Kohls, Walker et. al, 2016).Women of the family suffer from breathing problems and get tired easily after doing household work. In addition to this, the children get seven to eight hours of sleep while the elders like the parents, and grandparents get five to six hours of sleep. The grandparents suffer from health issues like joint pain and high blood pressure. The parents have complaints of stress, depression, and anxiety due to work pressures and untimely food intake (Fang, Vincent et.al 2015). According to (Fang, Vincent et.al 2015), the assessment of the few adults suffering from sexually transmitted diseases like HIV/AIDS have given the results that these individuals are coping up with stress, anxiety, and depression with the support of their family, and peers.
GETTING STUCK WITH SIMILAR NRS-429VN FAMILY-CENTERED HEALTH PROMOTION ASSIGNMENT? ENROL WITH ONLINENURSINGPAPERS’S NRS-429VN FAMILY-CENTERED HEALTH PROMOTION ASSIGNMENT HELP SERVICES AND GET DISTRESSED WITH YOUR ASSIGNMENT WORRIES!
- Describe how family systems theory can be applied to solicit changes in family members that, in turn, initiate positive changes to the overall family functions over time.
Family systems theory and application of the same
The family systems theory describes the role of a family in an individual’s overall behavioral pattern. Through analyzing key concepts of this theory like emotional cut-off, sibling behavior, family problems, nuclear family issues, one would know how a family is functioning overall. For example, if someone in the family starts going for walks in the morning, he or she can influence other family members to do the same (Erdem & Safi, 2018). The effect of family on a child’s mental health is very significant. In the early years of the child, care giving, love, and warmth can prove positive in increasing emotional attachment and peer bonding. NRS-429 Family-Centered Health Promotion Essays.
While assessing the interview questionnaire regarding a family of seven people living in Victoria which is Melbourne, Australia it can be seen that the identity, relationship, and overall health behavior within the family is moderate. This family responds positively whereas in terms of coping with stress and anxiety, this family supports each other while also being critical of each other’s decisions. But the overall bonding in the family is good.
Develop an interview questionnaire to be used in a family-focused functional assessment NRS-429 Family-Centered Health Promotion Essays. The questionnaire must include three open-ended, family-focused questions to assess functional health patterns for each of the following:
- Values/Health Perception
9. Role Relationship
Select a family, other than your own, and seek permission from the family to conduct an interview. Utilize the interview questions complied in your interview questionnaire to conduct a family-focused functional assessment. Document the responses as you conduct the interview.
Family Health Assessment Questionnaire:
1. Why you consider health as the most important aspect of your family?
2. What is the family values regarding the health of the children?
3. How does your social and medical conditions work parallel to each other?
1. Do you take nutritious food regularly?
2. What kind of unhealthy food do you allow your children to have?
3. What kind of special diet do you consider to fit the elderly?
1. How many hours a day do you sleep? If less hour of sleeps why so?
2. How far do you consider that you have the required amount of sleep?
3. How far do you think the amount of rest you take is more than necessary?
NRS-429 Family-Centered Health Promotion Essays
1. How many times do you use the washroom in a day?
2. How far do you consider elimination benefits your family?
3. Do you have any issues regarding proper elimination?
1. How many times a week do you work out? If less why?
2. What kind of exercises do you like to do?
3. Are you involved in any kind of sports? If not, why?
1. What are the obstacles you have faced while learning something?
2. How many languages can you read/write?
3. What are the languages that you speak excluding your mother tongue?
1. How many times a month do you go for eye checkups?
2. Do you suffer from any hearing problem? If so, why?
3. Do you suffer from any breathing problem?
1. What do you think about yourself as a person?
2. What do you do when you are depressed?
3. Do you have any doubt regarding your external appearance?
1. How far do you think you are involved in the everyday dealings of the family?
2. How do you consider the family as the most important aspect?
3. How is your bonding with other family members?
1. How your religion bars you from any kind of sexual activity?
2. Have you imparted any kind of sex education to your children?
3. What are the methods of safe sex that you practice?
1. How do you cope with any kind of monetary crisis?
2. How do you cope with any kind of medical emergency?
3. How do you deal with any kind of personal crisis?
MOST RELIABLE AND TRUSTWORTHY NRS-429VN FAMILY-CENTERED HEALTH PROMOTION ASSIGNMENT HELP & HOMEWORK WRITING SERVICES AT YOUR DOORSTEPS!
Avail the best Grand Canyon University Assignment Help and Homework Help Services for related units and courses such as:-
- NRS-430V: Professional Dynamics Assignment Help
- NRS-429VN: Family-Centered Health Promotion Assignment Help
- NRS-434VN: Health Assessment Assignment Help
- NRS-429 Family-Centered Health Promotion Essays
- NRS-428VN: Concepts in Community and Public Health Assignment Help
- HLT-362V: Applied Statistics for Health Care Professionals Assignment Help
- NRS-433V: Introduction to Nursing Research Assignment Help
- PHI-413V: Ethical and Spiritual Decision Making in Health Care Assignment Help
- NRS-451VN: Nursing Leadership and Management Assignment Help
- NRS-410V: Pathophysiology and Nursing Management of Clients’ Health Assignment Help
- NRS-440VN: Trends and Issues in Today’s Health Care Assignment Help
- NRS-493: Professional Capstone and Practicum Assignment Help
- NRS-429 Family-Centered Health Promotion Essays