NURS 6501 Final Exam Review Study Guide
NURS 6501 Final Exam Review Guide (Weeks 7-11)
Concepts of Neurological and Musculoskeletal Disorders
• Pathophysiology of diseases that not only affect the nervous system and
can secondarily impact the musculoskeletal system.
• The pathophysiological structure, function, and alterations in the MS
• Pathophysiological changes of Lyme’s Disease in adults NURS 6501 Final Exam Review Study Guide
• Alterations in cognitive systems to include confusion states, delirium, and
• Structure and Function of the Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
• Pathophysiological changes related to Pain, Temperature Regulation, Sleep,
and Sensory Function
• How does patient characteristics such as racial and ethnic variables impact
• How does the pathophysiology of spinal injuries impact patients?
• What is the impact of patient characteristics on disorders and altered
physiology NURS 6501 Final Exam Review Study Guide.
Common Neurological and MS disorders and the pathophysiological nature of
these issues in adults and children:
Transient Ischemic Attack
Spinal cord injury
Inflammatory diseases of the musculoskeletal system
© 2020 Walden University 2
Three basic bone-formations:
Concepts of Psychological Disorders
• What are the connections between biological factors and psychological
disorders as they affect factors such as substance abuse? NURS 6501 Final Exam Review Study Guide
• The pathophysiological changes in Neurobiology of Schizophrenia, Mood
Disorders, Anxiety Disorders, and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
Common psychological disorders and the pathophysiological nature of these
issues in adults and children:
Generalized anxiety disorder
Delirium and dementia
Obsessive compulsive disease
Women’s and Men’s Health, Infections, and Hematologic Disorders
• The pathophysiology, structure, and function of the reproductive systems.
• Pathophysiological changes related to women’s and men’s health,
infections, and hematologic disorders NURS 6501 Final Exam Review Study Guide.
• How can racial/ethnic variables impact the physiological functioning of
• The impact of alterations in erythrocytes, platelets, and hemostatic
function as it relates to pathophysiological responses in adults and children.
© 2020 Walden University 3
• The impact of alterations of Leukocyte and Lymphoid Function as it relates
to pathophysiological responses in adults.
Common women’s, men’s, infections, and hematologic disorders and the
pathophysiological nature of these issues in adults:
Sexually transmitted diseases
Factors that affect fertility NURS 6501 Final Exam Review Study Guide
Alterations and fertility
ITP and TTP
• Shock, Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome, and Burns in Children
Common pediatric disorders and the pathophysiological nature of these issues in
Cancer in Children
Growth and development
Normal growth patterns
Alterations in children
Congenital (heart syndrome)
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) NURS 6501 Final Exam Review Study Guide
Lead poisoning and effects on neurological functioning
© 2020 Walden University 4
Note: It is strongly recommended that you review your Knowledge Checks at least
48 hours before taking the Final exam.