Nurs 6521 Week 1 Discussion Question
- Arcangelo, V. P., & Peterson, A. M. (Eds.). (2013). Pharmacotherapeutics for advanced practice: A practical approach (3rd ed.). Ambler, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Chapter 2, “Pharmacokinetic Basis of Therapeutics and Pharmacodynamic Principles” (pp. 15–29)This chapter examines concepts related to pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics. It also explores patient factors that health care providers consider when prescribing drug therapy to patients.
- Chapter 3, “Impact of Drug Interactions and Adverse Events on Therapeutics” (pp. 30–48)This chapter explains drug-drug, drug-food, drug-herb, and drug-disease interactions. Nurs 6521 Week 1 Discussion Question It also reviews patient factors that influence drug interactions and then covers adverse drug reactions.
- Chapter 4, “Principles of Pharmacotherapy in Pediatrics” (pp. 49–59)
ORDER A PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPER HERE
- This chapter explores concepts relating to drug selection, administration, and interaction for pediatric patients. It also compares age-related pharmacokinetic differences in children and adults.
- Chapter 6, “Principles of Pharmacotherapy in Elderly Patients” (pp. 66–78)This chapter describes issues and factors that affect drug therapy for elderly patients. It then explores concepts relating to drug selection, administration, and management for elderly patients.
- Hilmer, S. N., McLachlan, A. J., & Le Couteur, D. G. (2007). Clinical pharmacology in the geriatric patient. Fundamental & Clinical Pharmacology, 21(3), 217–230. Nurs 6521 Week 1 Discussion Question.
Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.This article explores issues that health care providers consider when prescribing drug treatment to geriatric patients. It also examines the role of polypharmacy in adverse drug reactions and the importance of managing patient response to drug treatment.
- Scott, S. A. (2011). Personalizing medicine with clinical pharmacogenetics. Genetics in Medicine,13(12), 987–995. Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3290900/This article examines pharmacogenetic testing in relation to personalized drug therapy plans and explores evidence-based guidelines and recommendations on pharmacogenetic testing.
- Drugs.com. (2012). Retrieved August 22, 2012, from http://www.drugs.com/This website presents a comprehensive review of prescription and over-the-counter drugs including information on common uses and potential side effects. It also provides updates relating to new drugs on the market, support from health professionals, and a drug-drug interactions checker.
- Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2012). Introduction to advanced pharmacology. Baltimore, MD: Author. Nurs 6521 Week 1 Discussion Question.