Organizational Foundations Essay Assignment Discussion NURS 6053
NURS 6053 Week 1 Discussion: As you strive to grow in your leadership skills and abilities, you will find that the context in which you work influences your motivation and areas of focus.In a similar vein, your commitment to developing professionally can contribute toward organizational effectiveness.
To that end, it is critical to recognize the importance of organizational culture and climate. In particular, through this week’s Learning Resources, you may consider several questions: How do an organization’s mission, vision, and values relate to its culture? What is the difference between culture and climate? Moreover, how are culture and climate manifested within the organization? Organizational Foundations Essay Assignment Discussion NURS 6053.
For this Discussion, you explore the culture and climate of your current organization or one with which you are familiar. You also consider decisions and day-to-day practices and the way they relate to the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
ORDER A CUSTOM-WRITTEN PAPER NOW
To prepare for NURS 6053 Week 1 Discussion :
- Review the information related to planning and decision making in health care organizations presented in the textbook, Leadership Roles and Management Functions in Nursing: Theory and Application. Consider how planning and decision making relate to an organization’s mission, vision, and values, as well as its culture and its climate.
- Familiarize yourself with the mission, vision, and values of your organization or one with which you are familiar. Consider how the statements and actions of leaders and others within the organization support or demonstrate the organizational mission, vision, and values. In addition, note any apparent discrepancies between word and deed. Think about how this translates into expectations for direct service providers. Note any data or artifacts that seem to indicate whether behaviors within the organization are congruent with its mission, vision, and values. Organizational Foundations Essay Assignment Discussion NURS 6053.
- Begin to examine and reflect on the culture and climate of the organization. How do culture and climate differ?
- Why is it important for you, as a master’s-prepared nurse leader, to be cognizant of these matters?
By Day 3 of NURS 6053 Week 1 Discussion
- Post a description of your selected organization’s mission, vision, and values. Describe relevant data, or artifacts, words, and actions of leaders and others in the organization that support, or perhaps appear to contradict the organization’s mission, vision, and values statement. In addition, discuss the organization’s culture and its climate, differentiating between the two. Explain why examining these matters is significant to your role as a nurse leader.
- Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6 of NURS 6053 Week 1 Discussion
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research. Organizational Foundations Essay Assignment Discussion NURS 6053.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
Click on the Reply button below to reveal the textbox for entering your message. Then click on the Submit button to post your message.
NURS 6053 Week 10 Assignment: Application: Taking a Stand
Effective leaders have a high degree of self-awareness and know how to leverage their strengths in the workplace. Assessments are a valuable tool that professionals can use to learn more about themselves and consider how their temperament and preferences influence their interactions with others.
As you engage in this learning process, it is important to remember that everyone—regardless of temperament type or related preferences—experiences some challenges with regard to leadership. The key to success is being able to recognize and leverage your own strengths while honoring differences among your colleagues. Organizational Foundations Essay Assignment Discussion NURS 6053.
At some point in your leadership career, you will encounter an ethical or moral dilemma that requires you to take a stand and defend your position.
For this Assignment, you evaluate an issue and consider how you could act as a moral agent or advocate, facilitating the resolution of the issue for a positive outcome.
- Consider the examples of leadership demonstrated in this week’s media presentation and the other Learning Resources.
- To further your self-knowledge, you are required to complete the Kiersey Temperament as indicated in this week’s Learning Resources. Consider your leadership style, including your strengths for leading others and include your results from Kiersey Temperament Sorter to describe potential challenges related to your leadership style. Organizational Foundations Essay Assignment Discussion NURS 6053.
- Mentally survey your work environment, or one with which you are familiar, and identify a timely issue/dilemma that requires you to perform the leadership role of moral agent or advocate to improve a situation (e.g., speaking or acting on behalf of a vulnerable patient, the need for appropriate staffing, a colleague being treated unfairly).
- What ethical, moral, or legal skills, dispositions, and/or strategies would help you resolve this dilemma? Define the differences between ethical, moral, and legal leadership.
- Finally, consider the values and principles that guide the nursing profession; the organization’s mission, vision, and values; the leadership and management competencies addressed in this course; and your own values and reasons for entering the profession. What motivation do you see for taking a stand on an important issue even when it is difficult to do so? Organizational Foundations Essay Assignment Discussion NURS 6053.
By Day 7
Write a 4 to 5 page Organizational Foundations Essay Assignment Discussion NURS 6053 paper (page count does not include title and reference page) that addresses the following:
- Introduce the conceptual frameworks of the ethical constructs of ethics, moral, or legal standards and the purpose of the paper.
- Consider an ethical, moral, or legal dilemma that you have encountered in your work environment and describe it.
- Analyze the moral, ethical, and legal implications utilized in this situation. Describe your role as a moral agent or advocate for this specific issue.
- Consider your leadership styles identified by your self-assessment and determine if they act as a barrier or facilitation during this dilemma.
- The School of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references. The Sample Paper provided at the Walden Writing Center provides an example of those required elements.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK10Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Week 10 Assignment Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 10 Assignment link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK10Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
Click on the Submit button to complete your Organizational Foundations Essay Assignment Discussion NURS 6053 submission.