Week 1 Assignment – PSYC 6717 Behavioral Consequences Scenario Worksheet Assignment
Behavioral Consequences Scenario Worksheet
Instructions: Identify in each of the following scenarios the behavioral consequence that is being used (positive reinforcement, negative reinforcement, positive punishment, negative punishment, extinction). Define the principle you identified using the information provided in the scenario to illustrate how your answer represents that principle.
- Benny does not like to do homework, but he does like to eat pizza. His parents promise to give him pizza on the weekend if he does all of his homework for that week. Benny finishes all of his homework and gets a pizza on the weekend.
This would be positive reinforcement, The Pizza is added in regards to Benny finishing all of his assignments.
- Melissa is a 10th-grade student. At the beginning of the year, she raises her hand to answer a question, and the teacher calls on her. Melissa gives a wrong answer, and the teacher makes a comment about Melissa not being very smart. Melissa does not raise her hand the rest of the year.
Negative punishment, something is being taken out to diminish a specific conduct. Melissa’s certainty is taken out and she no longer needs to take an interest in class. PSYC 6717 Behavioral Consequences Scenario Worksheet Assignment
- Jose is a student in the same class as Melissa. When he raises his hand to answer a question, the teacher ignores him. He continues to raise his hand a number of times during the first week of class, and his teacher never calls on him. He gives up and does not raise his hand again the rest of the year.
Negative Punishment, not recognizing Jose is being removed where it passes on Jose to not have any desire to partake in class any more.
- Rosa is in the same class as Melissa and Jose. The first day of class, she raises her hand to answer a question. The teacher calls on her, and she answers correctly. The teacher compliments her on getting the answer correct. Rosa raises her hand many more times during the year and is frequently called on by the teacher.
Positive Reinforcement, the delight of addressing the inquiry effectively and getting applauded by the instructor just makes Rosa need to keep responding to inquiries in class.
- Lyle tells her son Ryan to turn off the TV and do his homework. Ryan starts to complain, so his mother tells him to forget it. Ryan continues to watch TV. Mrs. Lyle continues to let Ryan watch TV whenever he complains. What consequence is influencing Mrs. Lyle’s behavior? PSYC 6717 Behavioral Consequences Scenario Worksheet Assignment
Negative reinforcement, Mrs. Lyle not having the option to lay down the law and permitting her child to proceed with not paying attention to her solicitations to wind down the television just causes her child to pull off everything. Making him not pay attention to anything she needs to say.
- Josh doesn’t care if he gets into trouble and has to stay after school. However, none of his classmates share his fondness for detention. When Josh tries to make his peers laugh by making rude noises and silly faces during class, his teacher starts to write the names of those students who are laughing and encouraging Josh on the blackboard under the word “detention.” Josh’s peers quickly stop attending to him. After several futile attempts to get their attention, Josh gives up this behavior. What might have weakened Josh’s disruptive behavior? What might have weakened Josh’s peers’ behavior of attending to him?
Negative punishment, Josh’s hankering for consideration is being removed by the instructor on the grounds that those understudies who are empowering kid’s conduct’s will be in a difficult situation too, lead to those understudies to stop their activities. Likewise causing kid to presently don’t act the manner in which he was.
- When Maya answers a question in class, her classmates often laugh at her speech impediment. When this happens, Maya usually puts her head down and sobs, to the delight of her peers. After a while, Maya stops speaking altogether. What might have strengthened Maya’s peers’ teasing behavior? What might have weakened Maya’s speaking behavior?
Positive Punishment, what helped Mayas friends would be the realizing that they are causing her inconvenience by crying. Maya as of now not wished to talk before class since she would not like to get chuckled at. PSYC 6717 Behavioral Consequences Scenario Worksheet Assignment. The understudies chuckling at Maya have driven her to quit talking before the class.
Assignment: Application of Behavioral Theory
Photo Credit: magele-picture – stock.adobe.com
To effectively determine best methods for behavior change, the professional behavior analyst needs to develop a strong understanding of how to analyze the situation, including the target behavior, antecedent conditions, and consequences for the behavior. Understanding the terms and phrases used in applied behavior analysis is critical to appropriately evaluate a situation and determine effective methods for behavior change PSYC 6717 Behavioral Consequences Scenario Worksheet Assignment.
One of the most frequently misused terms in psychology is “negative reinforcement.” Many people use this term to describe punishment because it “sounds better.” In behavioral psychology, terms are sometimes used differently than they are in everyday language. For example, the term “reinforcement” means that the rate of a behavior is increased. The term “punishment” means the rate of a behavior is decreased. The term “positive” means a stimulus is presented, and the term “negative” means a stimulus is removed. Therefore, negative reinforcement occurs when an aversive stimulus is removed, which results in an increase in probability of the behavior it followed.
For this Assignment, you will explore the application of behavioral theory. You will review a set of scenarios, analyze and identify the applied behavioral characteristic involved in the scenario, and explain how the scenario meets the definition of the characteristic you identified.
- Review the Learning Resources for this week, including the required weekly media programs.
- Review the “Behavioral Consequences Scenario Worksheet” found in the Learning Resources. You will use this worksheet to complete the Assignment.
Assignment (1–2 pages)
Complete the Behavioral Consequences Scenario Worksheet. To complete the worksheet, do the following for each scenario:
- Identify and define the following consequences used in applied behavior analysis in each scenario (i.e., positive reinforcement, negative reinforcement, positive punishment, negative punishment) PSYC 6717 Behavioral Consequences Scenario Worksheet Assignment.
- Explain how each scenario meets the definition of the applied behavior analysis characteristic you identified. Within your explanation, identify each of the components of the definition within the scenario.
Be sure to support your Assignment with specific references to behavior-analytic theory and research. In addition to the Learning Resources, search the Walden Library and/or the internet for peer-reviewed articles to support your Assignment. Use proper APA format and citations, including those in the Learning Resources.
By Day 7 of Week 1
Submit the Behavioral Consequences Scenario Worksheet.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK1Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click on the Week 1 Assignment Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click on the Week 1 Assignment link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK1Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click on Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.
10.5 (70%) – 12 (80%)
Assignment demonstrates an excellent understanding of all of the concepts and key points presented in the text/s and Learning Resources. Assignment provides significant detail including multiple relevant examples, discerning ideas, and evidence from scholarly sources (i.e., Learning Resources, Walden Library, and/or internet).
8.5 (56.67%) – 10.25 (68.33%)
Assignment demonstrates a good understanding of most of the concepts and key points presented in the text/s and Learning Resources. Assignment includes moderate detail, discerning ideas, and sufficient evidence from scholarly sources (i.e., Learning Resources, Walden Library, and/or internet). PSYC 6717 Behavioral Consequences Scenario Worksheet Assignment
5 (33.33%) – 8.25 (55%)
Assignment demonstrates a fair understanding of the concepts and key points as presented in the text/s and Learning Resources. Assignment may be lacking in detail and specificity and/or may not include sufficient pertinent examples, discerning ideas, evidence from scholarly sources (i.e., Learning Resources, Walden Library, and/or internet).
0 (0%) – 4.5 (30%)
Assignment demonstrates poor understanding of the concepts and key points of the text/s and Learning Resources. Assignment is missing detail and specificity and/or does not include any pertinent examples discerning ideas, or sufficient evidence from scholarly sources (i.e., Learning Resources, Walden Library, and/or internet).
3 (20%) – 3 (20%)
Assignment is well organized, uses scholarly tone, follows APA style, uses original writing and proper paraphrasing, contains very few or no writing and/or spelling errors, and is fully consistent with graduate-level writing style. Assignment contains multiple, appropriate and exemplary sources expected/required for the assignment (i.e., Learning Resources, Walden Library, and/or internet).
2 (13.33%) – 2 (13.33%)
Assignment is mostly consistent with graduate-level writing style. Assignment may have some small or infrequent organization, scholarly tone, or APA style issues, and/or may contain a few writing and spelling errors, and/or somewhat less than the expected number of or type of sources (i.e., scholarly sources from the Learning Resources, Walden Library, and/or internet).
1 (6.67%) – 1 (6.67%)
Assignment is somewhat below graduate-level writing style, with multiple smaller or a few major problems. Assignment may be lacking in organization, scholarly tone, APA style, and/or contain many writing and/or spelling errors, or shows moderate reliance on quoting versus original writing and paraphrasing. Assignment may contain inferior sources (number or quality of scholarly sources from the Learning Resources, Walden Library, and/or internet).
0 (0%) – 0 (0%)
Assignment is well below graduate-level writing style expectations for organization, scholarly tone, APA style, and writing, or relies excessively on quoting. Assignment may contain few or no quality sources (i.e., scholarly sources from the Learning Resources, Walden Library, and/or internet). PSYC 6717 Behavioral Consequences Scenario Worksheet Assignment
|Total Points: 15|